2010年9月10日星期五

Visu's art of humour

My Metta Meditation teacher, wrote a book on metta and i'd like to have some extracts from this small book for sharing.

Cultivate a sense of humour. Don't take yourself too seriously. Learn to see the lighter side of things and laugh as much as you can.

Whenever we smile and laugh the pituitary gland in our brain creates endorphins, the chemical that makes the mind and body feel good. Endorphins are our body's natural and healthy opites. They relieve pain and promote happiness.

My kind of humour includes what is called black humour. One of my favaurites is "Don't take life so seriously, for you are never going to get out of it alive!"

Another is "Cheer up,the worst is yet to come!"

Or "Cheer up, for life is short and soon we will all be dead!"

The way or one of the ways I look at it is like this: When things are going tough, I sometimes tell myself, it is okay, I'm already 56 years' old. I have lived thus far quite well and happily. I'm satisfied with my life. If I were to die today I would have few regrets. My memories are mostly happy ones. I can find blessings even in my times of suffering. Life has by and large been kind to me.


So now I know there is a humourous and joyful guy hanging in the world--Visu Teoh, my meditation teacher.

没有评论: